Thursday, May 20, 2010

My 1000th twitter post

I know I'm such a faggot for talking about twitter all the time. I never fucked with it in college because I was too busy being awesome, but now that I spend roughly 6 months a year wasting away in an office or on my way to it, it's the one thing that keeps me sane. That along with 4square, which is basicaly a game that me and my postgrad friends play to see who can drink the most during the week. Whatever social media is what it is. If you think its really gay you probably have better things to do so I solute you...that or you are a raging douche and you are afraid you will have an embarassingly low ammount of followers.

So the other day I was coming upon my 1000th tweet. I realized that this was a pathetic achievement but I should commemorate it in someway. I scoured the web for ideas. Some people wrote a self-depricating poem about how much time they have wasted, others made a statement of vanity, while some just simply wrote "1000."

I went another route, I though of how much I had said in those 140 character messages and what it could have been had I connected some non linear thoughts. It's only going to be a matter of time before some low concept book comes out...1000 tweets, a novel told 140 characters at a time. Sure shit my dad says is getting a tv show. But what if a famous author released his next novel exclusively through twitter. 140 characters at a time...one tweet a day. I promise you this is gong to happen.

But anyway, who gives a fuck, I wrote 35000 words and all I got out of it was a few laughs from others and made a few of my friends from Indianapolis realize how pathetic their broad ripple social scene is. But I guess the point of this post is...I'm not sorry, I'll keep tweeting just like you post on Lost message boards...and maybe with my next 1000 tweets I'll do somthing more important than announce to 183 people what bar I'm visiting and how drunk I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment