Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday at 4:46

Wow, this is the happiest time of the week. Always...aside from the fact that we graduated in a shitty job economy and therefore despite the fact that I studied at a top 20 business school I work in the suburbs instead of on the 72nd floor of a downtown skyscraper and therefore will spend the better part of my Friday night battling traffic...fuck it, I'm free.

Whether you ar going to happy hour right now, or meeting your drug dealer in an alley to get acid so you can "thoroughly" enjoy the Navy Pier Imax version of weirdo Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, you are planning on doing something awesome right now. It's 42 degrees, I might throw on some J Crew chino's why the fuck not? And oh yah, I have a ton of work to get done right now, and I'll be out of the office Monday and Tuesday...I am going to come back to a total shit storm here, I over promised and underdelivered all week. But do you think I take my work home with me or even worse, on vacation? Absolutely fucking not!

This brings us to the issue of me having a flight at 5 am, and the fact that I have made a firm commitment to drinking starting after immediately after I get off the tollway...I still have a 20 mile drive after that btw, but there are markedly more cops on the tolls than the regular freeway which is total bullshit, for the price of a BK double cheeseburger you should be able to drive as fast as you want on the damn tollway.

That said, I give myself about a 25% of packing for this trip, about a 40% chance of making my flight, and about a .08% chance of being sober enough to drive to the airport at 4 am...(HAHA GET IT .08 is the LEGAL LIMIT and its also a REALLY LOW NUMBER, I AM SO CLEVER!!!)

By far the douchiest part of that last aside was the triple exclamation points, in my opinion at least. Even though you may not be vacationing with celebrities this weekend on someone else's dime, you can still party like a rockstar. Drink a lot, spend a lot, stimulate the economy...Happy weekend, get yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment