Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Winnebago man day 3: night

As I approach the California border and my trip comes to a close I have several regrets about my trip. Why didn't I stop at the Odessa crater? Will I ever be in Odessa again? Probably not. What about Carlsbad caverns? I don't foresee spring break 2014 going to Utah (all spring breaks until I am 35 will go to mardi gras) that said America is a beautiful country.

Whether it be looking across the rio grande at the shanties in Juarez, Mexico from the apparent safety of El Paso or red rocks peaking out of the Arizona desert (although this trip they were white and snow covered) this country kicks ass. Yes in the future if I rv across the country it would be more fun to not drive 12 hours a day. Stopping and going on more side adventures is something I would be interested in. Definitely hitting up the crazy sub-culture of rv parks will be a must next time (although Walmart camping is pretty great too, you never run out of beer) but I'll take this trip again some day and so it right.

We traveled 1800 miles in roughly 36 hours, we encountered hurricane force winds, sandstorms, monsoons and freak blizzards while components of our vehicle literally started falling apart. I consumed 478,000 grams of protein strictly from jack's links beef jerky nuggets and am additional 20,000 calories thanks to my rockstars and sour patch kids. During Bo's breaks he had the discipline to do some sort of workout routine in the back, me I just watched the world go by and made silly videos.

It's amazing how egocentric we can all be thinking the world revolves around us. If you have a shitty day at work, the world doesn't stop. The el capitan hotel in van cort Texas is still serving fried pistachio steaks. Mauricio at the Dallas love field radisson is still slanging Texas ipa's, and Bert at the south Tucson shell is still selling crack me open geodes to tourists driving through the American southwest.

In closing, the Gadsden purchase may not have physically expanded America by much, but I'm glad it exists, and I'm glad I came on this road trip. You always learn something about yourself and those around you when you go on a (somewhat) epic journey. Most of all I would like to thank all of you for joining me on my adventure, I hope to do something similar soon. And next time I promise I'll bring a razor. Ill probably do one more video wrap up in the morning or maybe type some additional thoughts once I get a keyboard (blogging from the iPhone yalll) but for now, be bold and always say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment