Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Spring Break 2010

It sounds ridiculous right? I graduated college less than a year ago...it's over no more Spring Breaks. That couldn't be more false! If I had knocked up my high school sweetheart back in '04 and was now taking my family to Disney World for a week in March no one would frown on that (except for the unprotected sex at 17, the high school pregnancy, the fact that ruined that poor girls life and made her live at home with her mom raising your child while you went to college and joined a frat.) But, who says you need an unfortunate excuse to take a week off from the real world and go to the beach and rage. Not me.

The concept of Spring Break was probably invented by some thirty year old Bro who hated his job, the Chicago weather and thought if he took his wife and kid to Florida for a week they would get off his case for a few months. What a hero, he basically imposed his will on society making it mandatory for every school to take an arbitrary week off just before it gets nice in the midwest, and made society accept high school and college kids storming quiet beach towns in the south and destroying them upon arrival.

His legacy is not lost on me, I intend to honor him by doing exactly that. Ok, by this point I would hope I have you sold on the early 20's March vacation. Now if it tragically happens to coincide with college spring break would you immediately villianize me? I should hope not! I'll take it a step further, much like a trip down to the homeland I may just crash on a buddy's couch, I mean, hotel room floor. If you're going to do something you might as well do it right.

I never took a domestic Spring Break when I was of age. Mainly because I enjoy spending my parents money like it's water and I love shoving my exotic travels down the throats of those less fortunate than I.

*Sidebar: There are a lot of categories of people that I can't stand. But I think right at the top of my list is people that go on Spring Break. I understand if you are in 4th grade and daddy got some of his overtime shifts pulled and he has to take you to King's Island for a day instead of taking you to a coast or a mountain for a week...but those high school and college morons who just go home and "relax" or "save money" make me want to vomit. I mean COME ON...either you don't have friends or you don't have a soul. A proper Spring Break can be done for $300. (Although its much more fun when you spend $2000) End sidebar.

I always wondered what it would be like to rage in Key West or Daytona as a 21 year old. Obviously throughout high school and early college I knocked out the mainstays of Siesta Key, Panama City, Ft. Meyers, Miami, to name a few. But I really wonder how badass it is going to be to rip it for a week with my college buddies and 2,000 chicks who are impressed by any dude that buys them more than 1 vodka red bull.

Creepy, eh, a little. Peter Pan Syndrome at its worst? Probably. Is it going to be a legendary trip for the ages? Oh ya. Maybe I'll fly, maybe I'll roadtrip, (sometimes these car rides make great memories.) Regardless of what I end up doing, I hope I have inspired you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment