Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Bridges of Monroe County

What a weekend that was. I'm finally recovered, my urine is now a normal color and I can stand for 10 minutes without breaking out in a cold sweat. I meant to write something yesterday but I didn't even have the energy to locate my laptop charger and blogging from the Blackberry just wasn't an option. Anyway, I had an idea pop into my head Saturday night 5am while walking home from Beaumonts with a buddy and I wanted to expand on it a bit.

In talking about the upcoming 3rd and 4th of July parties, we talked about how it's always a crapshoot who is going to come and what/why is the motivation that gets one group to show another not to and I think I know the reason. Our generation is a bunch of self-conscious pussies. Allow me to embellish. Going to a party with a group of your college friends, there is likely a guy there that you fought, a girl you used to bang or maybe two that you used to hook up with which caused them to fight. Get over it.

In college this made much more sense. The general rule was you could hook up with one girl per pledge class, when things went south between you two, the bridge between you and her pledge sisters was kinda burnt down. You break up with the girl, you break up with her friends, works for chicks and frats too. However, since some girls are sluts, they would date one of their pledge sister's ex bf's and eventually that relationship would too go south, ruin a friendship and then that guy is definitely an asshole. Fair enough, I would be displeased if one of my ex's started sleeping with every guy in the cold dorm as well, but I digress.

It's as if people have gotten more sensitive in our older age, because now I feel like grudges are held over the stupidest shit. I'm not going to this event because that person didn't come to my birthday party. Or we can't go to that chick's party because I went for a kiss on the dance floor and she turned the cheek. Really? Don't we forget the frivolous bullshit as we grow older. I don't mean to complain, in fact I find this whole phenomenon extremely interesting, perhaps I should have been a sociology major. It's just frequently comical how society hasn't really changed that much in 1000 years, people are still making decisions based on prejudices and opportunity to climb the social ladder. I'm guilty of it too, I try to align myself with powerful attractive people and I constantly conform to the status quo.

I apologize, when I started writing this I wanted it to be an ode to the people that could pull off hooking up with like 6 people in the same group of friends yet remain on good terms with all of them and instead I have hit you with my boring ass social commentary again, but I guess my underlying point it's that in the network web that you yourself has spun there is one certain truth. You can connect yourself through 6 degrees of cock to pretty much every girl and guy you know, so in the future, get over it...you weren't their first, won't be their last and in the middle you are going to miss out on some good shit if you don't cook the beef and eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment