Friday, February 4, 2011

4:31 PM

Today the HP rep gave me two of those red cars that when you pull back they wind up and then shoot forward. I'm sure most employees took these home to their kids to play with...(ahh daddy is a big fucking hero he brought his kid home a free toy.) Alas, I have spent my afternoon collecting them from my absent coworkers' desks and set up ellaborate courses for my wind up cars. I have set up ramps, crashed them head on, t-bone, literally all possible scenarios a 9 year old or an engineer would have set up, I have conquered.

Anyway, believe it or not this is the happiest time of the week for me. Most people have gone home, or at least no one is wandering near my desk trying to peer past my privacy screen, so I can chill out and write random thoughts for 7 or 8 of my friends to read. Not only that but this is the furthest point of time I will be from coming back to work the rest of the weekend. The minute I walk out this door I am on the clock, this is why it is completely unacceptable to ever take a night off. You know the sinking feelign you get when summer is almost over, or you are approaching the final days of spring break? Do you realize that staying in on a Friday and waking up at noon on Saturday already puts you to like the Thursday of Spring Break and you haven't done shit! While Friday is amazing, its like June 21st once midnight strikes the days are getting shorter. So fucking strike while the iron is hot baby. You don't want to get that Sunday at 5pm feeling that you had an unfulfilling weekend and now you need to agonize through 5 more days of work before you get a chance to rectify your wrongs. (Or you could go to debonair on Mondays for rehab, but that's a tough sell to any of your friends that take their jobs seriously) But can you live with that for an entire work week. I wake up in cold sweats on Tuesday nights when I realize i passed out early on a Friday or by the time I got to Hangge Uppe on Saturday the line was too long. These are my greatest regrets in life.

There is so much promise on a night like tonight. Tonight may not be remarkable, but maybe some magic will happen. Maybe you will wax that dime, maybe your longtime girlfriend will finally blow you, maybe you ladies will stumble upon a rich guy at a bar who has a shiny ring waiting for you 2 years down the road. None of that starts with a bottle of red wine and a SATC marathon, it starts with the exploration into the great unknown. Will you create a human experience tonight with one of the 3 million people in this amazing city or are you going to waste 1 of your precious 29,200 nights on this Earth staying in because it was too cold. You decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment