Thursday, December 22, 2011

Single Dude in Chicago

By far the hardest decision to make in Chicago during the winter is which restaurant you can walk to...it usually leads to me putting it off indefinitely and watching reruns of Glee on demand. The delivery options in Lincoln Park are severely undeveloped...that or I just don't know all the secrets.

I was supposed to be in the backseat of a car drinking 312's on my way to Indianapolis right now, but because I never plan ahead the Megabus was sold out and my brother doubts his ability to drive to Chicago and back in one day. Alas, I have one more night in Chicago...and it is fucking great. As miserable as it is to not see the sun during the month of December, all of that is completely redeemed by the Christmas cheer all around me. The bars are so decorated, all the students are out for the holidays and getting extra drunk at my favorite watering holes. It is of no consequence to me that I was upping the average age at Kincades by 4 years last night. I partied in a bank vault watched a fat woman beat my old roommate in pop a shot basketball and stayed at a bar past 2 am...how they haven't figured out the late night bar thing in LA is fucking beyond me.

Sidenote: So California is broke? Invent a late night liquor license sell it for 10 million dollars...bars will open in LA that stay open (legally) until 5 in the morning and will charge $20 a drink and people will fucking go and that will be the most profitable bar in the country.

I have one night left in Chicago and I probably won't be here until next August or something like that. There is too much to do, do I make it a rush and division night? Are the lights at the zoo really that great? Where do I go to dinner...byob? It's true that most people have left to go to their respective hometowns, but I really don't think I'm missing much at schooner night tonight in ripple.

With just 2 days left until Christmas, I haven't bought a fucking thing yet, but in classic narcissistic fashion I'll probably go to the mall tomorrow and end up just buying a ton of shit for myself. Then Christmas eve when I'm hammered on egg nog I'll buy a bunch of tickets on stub hub for a Blackhawks game and make my family take me up there in between Christmas and New Year's. (Note, ticketmaster never closes...don't fret at 2am if you dropped the ball on shopping...just click print and you're golden) This way I get to enjoy the gift, spend time with the family and I'll make a dinner reservation at Gibson's which they will pay for! Cha-ching. (Seriously, you should never give a gift that is anything other than tickets...you can get a girl a necklace, but you will not have fun with that necklace in case she gives you a blowjob as a thank you...but then again if you go to a cool concert you might still get the blowjob)

I don't have a ton on my mind today and I should spend less time mindlessly blogging about how great it is to be back in the Windy City and actually go enjoy it. But I will leave you with this...Merry Christmas from the entire staff and family at Single Dude Enterprises. I'll be back in Indy tomorrow...maybe and then Tahoe for the New Year if a certain concert promoter I know gets his fucking shit together. Treat the holidays as an excuse to do things to excess and I hope you get a lot of great Christmas presents...personally I'm still hoping to get that fucking ferbie that never came 14 years ago, and never let anyone tell you that you have to eat a Christmas ham. I already emailed my dad that I'm expecting a Christmas filet.

No comments:

Post a Comment