Monday, January 25, 2010

A new study shows...

...that every post grad visit to your alma mater decreases your life expectancy by a year. I mean it is one thing to go back for a tailgate or even a basketball game. However, blacking out within your first hour of drinking and having a staff member at a bar dedicated to following you around making sure you do a limited ammount of damage to yourself and/or others...well that is why my friends have started calling me the Toys R Us kid.

But why not? In this world where everyone is trying to fast forward through their life, i'm hitting the pause on my Tivo. Maybe I'm immature and my charming irresponsibility is starting to turn pathetic. I'm having a hell of a time doing it though, all you have to do is make it through the day...and if my antics bring a smile to someone's face or make someone feel a little alive again, then I'm not pathetic, I am a superhero. Really I am, my superpower is awesomeness. Superman can fly, Spiderman can shoot gizz out of his wrists, I can keep the dream alive one day at a time.

However, going back to the first line of this post, if that bullshit stat I made up has any truth to it, I've already shaved off a half decade in the past 6 months. I probably won't live forver, but the shit that I've knocked out in 22 years? Wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment