Thursday, January 21, 2010

RT: @Bro Hey! @opinionatedBIM #shutup

In English that says: I agree with the Bro that told the opinionated bimbo to shut up.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about every person on Twitter who posts politically motivated links or makes statements about how they are horrified aboutt he earthquakes in Haiti. Worse even when they share little links from Ad Age about trends in social media and marketing forecasts ten years out. Listen here...tweeting Advertising/PR articles is not going to change that you are an unemployed Telecom major working an unpaid internship living on your parents' dime. It's almost as if these people think that the HR departments for Leo Burnett and 42 West are just scouring the twitterverse for intelligent people with relavent thoughts to DM: "Hey great Tweet! Would you like your dream job"

To all the wannabe Don Drapers of the world, let me share with you the inevitable, your best shot is to just go into sales. Then you can at least have a paycheck and lie to yourself about how it's only temporary and you will go after your dream once you make the adjustment to the real world. (Except for me, like REALLY I'm going to L.A. to write in less than 2 years #dreamon)

As for those political tweeters and those that talk about current events. All you are doing by trying to prove your intelligence is really leaving yourself vulnerable to the fact that posting a link does not show your knowledge of a topic...it just makes half of your so-called "followers" feel strong animosity towards you. Talking about catastophes internationally doesn't make you worldly, nor that you have a soul, it just proves that you couldn't think of anything clever to say, therefore you came with a very generic statement in which people agreed with in an attempt to stay relevant.

Then there are the egocentric bunch. These are the people that are convinced that until they inform you of their current whereabouts, you will be on the edge of your seat holding your breath until....@ArrogantBra Taking a nap. GASSSSSP! Almost started turning blue waiting on that tidbit of fun. Inside jokes, small-appeal picture posts, commenting on a trending topic, boasting an accomplishment, invoking the weekend, or taunting others about your paradise vacation...frowned upon, but then what would be the point of twitter?

Social sattire. That's what I think is great. Looking at the degenerates who talk about the trending topics, I find it incredible that some of these people have internet access. It is, however, a laugh riot to see what @LaRonDaMonstah has to say about #arealbabymama. I also have some general interest in what a few of my favorite friends, celebrities, and athletes are up to. I find John Mayer's immature feud with Perez Hilton to be fantastic, and if OchoCinco ever comes to a Chicago McDonalds to buy everyone a snackwrap, I want to be the first person to know about it...

...in fact the irony of this post is that I generally violate every single one of these rules reguularly. While I may find it nauseating to know that a buddy is getting off work early, or one of my ex-girlfriends is about to take surfing lessons in Hawaii; I will always be the first person to say..."Boss gone all week, blogging and reading scripts! AWESOME!" or "Mom just paif off my credit card, bet debt sucks!" but that is because I generally regard myself as a classless, tactless bafoon.

As I classify myself as the poster-boy for hypocrisy I must sadly say: @blogreaders gotta go rock a stallnap #readyfortheweekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment