Monday, June 20, 2011

You're "Killing" me

And now a break from my usual social satire to rant about last night's season finale of the Killing which was one of my favorite shows this entire spring.
I sat around every Sunday night watching the slow procedural unfold in dramatic fashion. Who killed Rosie Larsen? I had to know. I agonized over message boards during the week reading everyone's conspiracy theory, I even contributed a few of my own. I had lengthy phone calls with my friends trying to decipher the red herrings and who could possibly be involved. I even spent time researching the original Danish series which it was based upon to uncover new clues. I was seriously into it. Then what did I get last night?
Fucking nothing.
The dude that attempted an affair with Kirsten Cohen and beat Jennifer Lopez seemed to be the runaway favorite late in the series. But all week AMC advertised the "last 5 minutes that would have you talking all summer" so I figured there would be a last minute twist that would completely destroy the first 12 hours and 55 minutes of the series, but I thought at least I would be redeemed in the fact that I would know who the killer was before I went to sleep last night.
False, all I know now is that the creepy undercover cop is somehow involved, the city Councilman who appeared to be guilty may or may not have been killed, and I'm going to have to wait another 9 months to see who killed this crazy latina hooker. More Seattle rain, more twists and turns and new characters that look guilty but were just bad people tied up in some sort of conspiracy. I think they are all guilty, maybe every character in the show is somehow involved.
I was so pissed off last night that I stayed up all night watching Canadian soap operas on Teen Nick. I have been betrayed by AMC, and every other TV blogger agrees with me. I was going to watch Breaking Bad this season, but I may be done with AMC forever. I was even going to apply for some sort of job there, but after this debacle I don't think I can ever turn into channel 171 again.
I apologize to the 98% of my readers that didn't follow the show, but I just really needed to get this off my chest. At least Game of Thrones finale had a guy get his tongue ripped out and a naked blonde giving birth to dragons...that's how it's done AMC. At least I know this upcoming season of True Blood will have vampire sex and violence, whereas you guys can't even hire writers to get Mad Men back on the air. If anyone needs me I'll be completely rewatching the entire series of The Wire so I can be reminded what good tv is.

No comments:

Post a Comment